Water Dispensers are very convenient, however, did you know that germs and bacteria can grow inside the dispenser and get into your water causing health problems. Learning how to clean water dispensers is an important step if you have one in your home or office.
The Easiest, Most Practical System For Nearly Unlimited Clean Water Anywhere In The World
No fluff and NO B.S… Just the raw info and systems you need to get all the fresh water you and your loved ones will need in a disaster!
Enter Email Address Below
When Your Learning How to Clean Water Dispensers You Will Need:
- Thirty minutes
- Clean rubber gloves
- Unscented bleach
- Clean bucket
- Clean scrub brush
- Cork if you have a hot & cold dispenser
- Paper towels
These easy to follow steps include:
- Unplug the water dispenser power cord from the outlet.
- Wash the outside of the water dispenser with hot water and mild soap, and dry with paper towels.
- Take the bottle off your water dispenser, then drain the water out of the reservoir thru the cold water faucet into the bucket and throw it out.
- Take the water guard off the water dispenser, then remove the baffle by pulling it straight out from inside the water reservoir.
- Wash the water guard and the baffle with water and mild dish soap, rinse and set aside.
- When learning how to clean water dispensers there are some additional steps that you need to take before you continue, when the dispenser provides hot water. The hot water tank needs to be plugged with the cork, because you do not want the sanitizer solution to get into the hot water tank. The hot tank sanitizes itself with hot water, and if bleach gets into the hot water tank you will taste the bleach for days.
- Make the sanitizing solution with one teaspoon of unscented bleach and one gallon of clean water. Use your clean rubber gloves, and dip scrub brush into the sanitizing solution you made. Use the scrub brush to clean the water reservoir interior surfaces. Let the sanitizing solution you made stay in the cooler for about 5 minutes.
- Use the sanitizing solution to clean the spill-free top and baffle. Do not get the little air filter wet!! After 3 minutes of the sanitizing solution being on the baffle and spill free top, rinse them with about a gallon of clean bottled water.
- Fill the water reservoir full of bottled water then drain the water out using the cold water faucet, then do it again at least a couple of times to make sure all the bleach is gone.
- Use a new pair of rubber gloves that do not have bleach on them, and take the cork out of the hot water tank, replace the spill-free top and baffle by pressing them firmly into place. Next place a clean bottle of water on the dispenser then let 2 cups of the water drain through each faucet. Let water run through until all the chlorine taste is gone.
- You have successfully learned how to clean your water dispenser, and can plug it back in now.
You should clean your water dispenser every 4 to 6 weeks depending upon how much you use it. Make sure your hands are clean when you pick up the bottle and place it into the dispenser, because if there are germs on your hands they will transfer to the bottle then into the water you will be drinking.
Get more information on how to make clean water from the Absolute Rights newsletter and website. The Absolute Rights newsletter also provides information on current events, and other survival topics.