Where Liberty is Reborn

Boston Bombing and the Border Issue

, / 683

By Ed Farnan

No matter who or what is behind the terror bombing in Boston, it should put the spotlight on how terribly porous our borders are.

The politicians in Washington tell us there are only 11 million “undocumented” aliens in our country.  But many estimates run three times higher than that number.

So what is the real truth?  Let’s suppose it is somewhere in the middle and put the figure at 20 million.

That’s 20 million people who entered our country, most without permission, and we do not know who they are, or where they are. That’s a recipe for disaster when it comes to terror potential.

This administration keeps patting itself on the back and saying our borders are more secure now than ever. But the truth is, the job they are doing is totally unacceptable.

We already know there are drug and smuggling corridors openly used between Mexico and our border states.  It is relatively easy to cross the border in many areas and that puts our national security at risk.

The many people flooding our borders illegally are from countries throughout the world. But alarmingly, we see a growing influence of Iran, Narco states and jihadism in Latin America; this can potentially be a huge problem.

Out of the 20 million illegals, even if 99% of them are here to work and have a better life for themselves and their families, that leaves 1%, or 200,000, who might have malevolent intent towards us… But we really don’t know do we? We are navigating in the blind.

America should be paying attention to the borders first and foremost before anything else is discussed on immigration.  What this administration is saying about secure borders is false and that is verified by ICE officers who are suing the administration because they claim they will be fired if they enforce immigration law. ICE agents are not happy with orders given to them regarding border security and immigration policy.

Many people get into the country legally, yet overstay their visas and become illegal. In most cases we do not know where these folks are or what they are doing.  The responsibility for visas should be turned over to the private sector. A credit card company that already has infrastructure and expertise in place could do a far better job than what is now being done by the government.

There is no country in the world that can survive as a going concern that does not have control of its borders. A country without borders is not a country.
Read more here.

Originally published on: www.IrishCentral.com
Follow Ed on Twitter: @EdInCali

LikesBoston Bombing and the Border Issue(0)DislikesBoston Bombing and the Border Issue(0)




  • B.J. says:

    I think our immigration laws should be much stricter than they are now Our borders need to be secured on all sides. The two men that bombed Boston were here with asylum. Why??? they were getting a good education but that only helped them learn our ways and study situations where we might be vulnerable. Glad the one is down and raying they find the other one soon and he gets the death penalty if not killed during his apprehension. I'm sorry but he hurt a lot of innocent people in a country that let him into this country and welcomed him. Lets stop this madness and start fighting back!

  • Rhonda Vieth says:

    1-Build a border fence like Hadrians Wall in Europe, complete with returning military guard posts, with shoot to kill orders. Won't take very many "kills" to discourage further influx.
    2-Then impose a 5 year moratorium on ALL immigration.
    3-Profile, seek out and deport all people residing here illegally, it was done during WW2 and can be done again, the blueprint is there for how to do it. It will be costly but look what the cost is now to "keep the illegals"
    4-Run a national contest for immigration reform desinged by the people that are citizens and pay the bills.

    If we don't begin to protect this country it will not survive, may not anyway with the trash coming out of the Corporation of Washington.


  • John Davidson says:

    Hi, we need to place our troops at the border on there return to the U.S. Having them on the border would help protect the country and also this would help the soldiers reintegrate back into society, at a slower pace. From the shock of war to a peace time era... Thank you guys and gals for the work you have given your country, God bless you all... John Davidson
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada...

  • TC says:

    I wonder how many people assume it's just mexicans or latin americans that illegally enter our country from the mexican border?

  • Tris2013 says:

    Happy Cinco De Mayo, everyone.


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.